Friday, June 20, 2008

Father’s Day

So, we had a great visit from my dad and stepmom, that's Dandy and GrandDawn to all the grandkids.  Right before Gideon was born, we all decided that it'd be great for them to come up on Father's day weekend to meet their new grandson, and visit with all of my siblings too.

So, they arrived on Friday, and spent the afternoon holding Gideon, and watching him sleep.  Gideon actually was still in the bili-bed until Friday afternoon, so we had to wait a little bit until the nurse called and said he was good to go before we could pick him up very much, but once we got the okay, we took him off the bed and let them hold him for a while.  Naturally we took several pictures.  I'll add them here later, have to download the camera to this machine...

After that, Dad and I played some Set Cubed, while the ladies napped, then we all went to Babies'R'Us to get some portraits of Dad and the baby to go with a portrait we still had of Dad with me for his Father's day gift, a Generations 3 photo frame showing all 3 generations of Dalton men.  We also had his baby announcement photos done then too, but I'm not posting that picture... you'll all have to wait until you get one in the mail.  Anyway, the photos turned out great, mostly because Dandy was eating Gideon up :)




How great is that picture?

Dad spent Saturday visiting with my other siblings, and meeting his other new grandson, Westley, whose picture I'll need to snag off Paige's site.  Meanwhile Tammy and I ran around getting the photos and frames picked up for Dad's Father's day gift.  Okay, Tammy went into Babies'R'Us, then stayed in the car while I went into Target and Thing's Remembered... she's still not supposed to exert herself too much.

On Sunday, Dad & Dawn, Dawn & Don, and Cara, Eric, and Davin all came over and brought a wonderful brunch to our house, and we all just hung out and took lots of pictures of people holding Gideon.  I'll get those up here soon too.

A major Thank You goes to Dad/Dandy and Dawn/GrandDawn for coming into town and making my first Father's Day extra special...

It was my best Father's Day ever.

No comments: