Tuesday, August 24, 2010

80 Years!




We celebrated my Grandma D's 80th birthday on Sunday. Yes in the heat and yes outdoors. I always knew I was from a big family, but this was reaffirmed this weekend when I was taking pictures. One thing that my dad's family does not have in common with my mom's is that they dont take very many pictures. My other Grandma wouldn't leave the house with out her camera being in her pocketbook(purse). So I was determined to take lots of pictures on Sunday. This was a great plan until I got started and realized this wasnt going to be an easy task. I wanted to make my grandma a scrapbook with all her kids, grandkids, great-grandkids and great-great grandkids.... about half way into the project I was regretting my decision but I was determined to see it through, heat and all.

Trying to get families or groups are not always easy when she has 6 kids, 19 grandkids, over 31 great-grandkids and 2 great-great grandchildren. I would say about 80% of the family was there, not counting 8 of her siblings.

Here are some of the groups....I told you I was from a large family :-)

No comments: