Thursday, July 31, 2008

To work or not to work…

So the past couple of weeks the main thing that has been on my mind is returning to work or staying home.  A very, hard decision. Josh told me that he would be supportive either way. 

I can honestly say that I enjoy my job, of course there are days that I would rather be at the mall than at my desk dealing with issues, but who wouldnt.    I talked to several friends and none of them had been in the same boat that I was, most of them had became parents first and then started their careers.   I LOVE being a mom, I can honestly say that he is the highlight of my life and the very best thing besides Josh of course, to happen to me.....but I have been working for the past 15 years.

So I told Josh that I was going to at least try to go back to work.   My sister-in-law, Carrie had agreed to babysitt at my house on Thursdays & Fridays but I needed to find someone for the two half days that I was going to work the split shift....so I asked around and got some referrals and met with one of the babysitters yesterday.....as I am sitting on the couch interviewing this person,  she was so sweet, she answered all my questions and was you could tell a great person, but she was still a stranger. I have a hard enough time leaving him with my mom, must less a stranger. I actually started crying ( I think its the hormones :-) ) I have waited a long time to be a mom so needless the thought of leaving my little one with someone I didnt know wasnt going to be easy, so I came home and emailed my work and asked if it would be possible to just work two evening and two days that way I wouldnt have to leave him with anyone I didnt really know.... and then I had to wait....

I am very  happy to say that work agreed to this....so now I get to the best of both worlds. Gideon will be with Aunt Carrie and Chloe on Thursdays and Fridays and with Daddy on Tuesday and Wednesday nights. And I will still be a full time mom.  

 I am one very happy, blessed Mom.

1 comment:

Christy B said...

Yeah! That's great news! Let me know when you're ready to do a "play date" (aka girls talk while babies coo and poo).