Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Time Flies ….

It's been a while since I have updated the blog so I thought I would include several things in this one....

May was a semi-busy month for us, isn't it funny how life can be hectic and yet you can still have extra time on hands.

I have been on house arrest most of the month of May and work had planned a shower so Josh was drafted to come in my stead. We received lots of really cool things that we still needed and I can say Josh loved opening all the gifts as you can see by the pictures.








Gideon received a very special gift from Uncle Don and Aunt Dawn. When we were cleaning out the attic at his moms house, Josh found the rocker that his mom used for all of her kids. It was painted black & white and was in pieces, I don't think a single part of it was put together. Don offered to refinish it for us and I didn't have a whole lot of hope that it could be done, not that he couldn't do it, but what he had to work with wasn't a lot . Needless to say the rocker was delivered last week totally restored and is beautiful. Josh was speechless as was I. So even though his mom isn't here to share in our little one's life, he will have a part of her in his room. Somehow saying "thank you" didn't seem enough.


This was the weekend that my godchild, Kevin graduated from SLU High. It was a joke between me and his mom that this would be one of the first major events that I missed of his life..... little did we know that Gideon would delay his arrival so I was able to attend. I sat in the handicapped section at Powell Hall, which is rather comfortable :-). I can say due to the hormones in pregnancy I had tears seeing him graduate. I still remember when Angie was pregnant with him... He graduated with a 3.69 average for all 4 years of high school!! Congrats Kevin!! So proud of you!!



We are still waiting and unless I go into labor beforehand, our c-section has been scheduled for June 6th. I was teasing Josh that I almost wish he would wait till the seventh of June and then his birthday would be 06-07-08 , but I am sure by next week I will feel totally different. We are so excited for him to get here!!

No comments: