Wednesday, December 30, 2009

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

This year has been a great year for our family. We had some "trying" times with our house situation, but now that we are in it I can say that it is worth every minute. Our lives have been hectic it seems from the moment we have met, but this year things have started to slow down for us and we have gotten to just enjoy life and being parents.

G is growing in leaps and bounds and I fall more in love with him everyday. This little guy has melted my heart. Yes, he is a boy, don’t get me wrong - he screams at times I wish he wouldn't, he doesn’t always share his toys and yes he still drinks out of a bottle but, he hugs me every time I ask him, he smiles every morning when I pick him up, he snuggles every night with me as I am rocking and his good points out weighs his bad - a million to one and when he calls me momma, the world stops.

J has been a wonderful husband and a great friend this year, living with my parents I didn’t have many opportunities for girl time or girl nights and he so filled that void. He went out of his way to be there for me and to just listen when I was feeling overwhelmed with the house situation. He truly is my best friend and brings out the best in me.

I feel like for the first time that I am truly home, don’t get me wrong I loved our last house, but J had owned it before we got married and as much as he tried to make it feel like it was "ours" , I just never felt completely home.

This year has been a growing year for me, some of my friendships have faded and some new friendships have blossomed and some have stayed the exact same, consistent :-)

I love where we are, I don't know what the new year will bring for us as a family, hopefully a new addition, but no matter what happens I know that I have my best friend at my side and together we make an awesome team.

2 comments:

granny2five said...

Love it! You're so precious, and you have a wonderful little family.

Stephanie said...

Lovely. Hope yuour new years treats you fabulously!