Tuesday, November 24, 2009

My Red Door Suprise

When J & I first put our house on the market we where expecting it to take a while to sell, much to our surprise we had a contract on it before it was officially on the market. This was a good thing and a bad. Great that we didn't have to sit and wait, but bad that we didn't have anything picked out meaning in less than 3 weeks we would have to pack and find another place to call home.

I had been surfing the housing market for months prior to us selling, but as usual, when you have the money to buy you can't find anything. I was on every realtor list, so the very day Winter Park came on the market we where there that morning looking at it. My sister-in-law was our realtor and always managed to get to the house before we did, but that morning we beat her and the moment we pulled into the drive, I LOVED the house, it was exactly what we wanted and in our price range. She had a habit that every house we looked at we had to tell her what we liked and what we didn't. As we where standing in the driveway before even walking into the house, I told her that I was ready to sign the contract I didn't even need to see inside, she laughed and said there had to be something I didn't like and I told her that yes, it didn't have a red door.

We closed on the house on the 14th of October, but couldn't get an occupancy permit until this week. J had stayed at the house all week working late hours getting stuff done, so Wednesday night after getting off work, G and I drove in to spend our first official night home. When I pulled into the driveway I noticed something was different about the house, much to my surprise J had painted the door red and had a card attached that said "Welcome Home". I can not tell you how special that moment was, it's amazing the brownie points a 5.00 can of red paint can get you.

2 comments:

granny2five said...

Love this story!

Blessed Mama said...

That's awesome. You have a very sweet husband!