Tuesday, April 3, 2012

5 years

Yesterday marked the death of a very special person to us. My husband called her Mom, I called her Pat and my children refer to her to as Meme.
I can't say I knew her for years in fact I didn't even know her long at all. In less than a year of meeting her I was helping care for her, Cancer is such a horrible disease and when it struck her it struck hard. It had no compassion and no delay. She went from being vibrant to being exhausted, from strong to weak all in less than six months.
She found out about the disease on Thanksgiving and by New Years she needed almost 24/7 care. This week I have pondered a lot of the advice she gave me or the things she said the last couple weeks when due to the medicine she would be awake all hours of the night.and they bring a smile to my face.
She will always be special to me because she raised a wonderful person who I call my husband.
Rest in Peace, Pat.





No comments: