Monday, December 20, 2010

Christmas traditions

Some things are special just because...

One of my favorite Christmas memories is putting the lights on a tree my grandma made. She made two of these, one sat on her kitchen table every Christmas and the other she made for a friend of my mom's who loved the tree.

Last year this friend gave me the tree, i had forgotten that she even had it! She had saved it for 30 years for when i had a child.

So this year G took on my tradition and decorated the tree, I have to admit that it actually made me cry. My grandma was such a special person to me and thanks to a special friend I have a piece of my past.




-

1 comment:

granny2five said...

Good memories are such a treasure, aren't they? Love you, sweet girl! Blessings on you and your family. Merry Christmas and a healthy, happy New Year!