Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Bottle Dilema

So this was the week I was determined to take the bottle away from G. We had originally planned on doing it the first of the year and the pediatrician advised not too since G was sick and wasn't really eating that much. I am also 7 weeks pregnant so the morning sickness has hit me hard so my patience isn't 100 percent so this is how the week started off.

Monday - G woke up and of course wanted his "bob bob", I being the strong momma I am said bb is gone, he walked away crying, this of course broke my heart and then he walked back and said pease....ok J and I have been working the past couple of weeks on getting him to say please when he wants something. So here he stands in front of me with big, blue eyes saying pease momma, pease.

Momma caved.

Tuesday - Same thing, but I am feeling worse than Monday laying on the couch and he walks up and there is a repeat of what happened Monday. I stand firm, "pease" is not going to break me today. G realizing that its not working decided to take it to another level. He walks over grabs his toodle stool, brings it to the couch, stands on it and leans over and says "pease" and then kisses me.

Momma caved.

Tuesday - after nap.

I am determined, No hugs, kisses, or pease is going to work on me now. I am ready, I feel better and am determined. He tries all three things to no avail. I was rather proud of myself, I was strong! I was the mom in charge.

WRONG

As I was patting myself on the back, I knew he was in the kitchen, but I assumed he was playing in the tupperware drawer. I was wrong. He had opened the dishwasher, gathered all the pieces to his bottles and proceeded to put them together and was trying to get into our refrigerator. He had decided to take matters into his own hands and get it himself. The impressive part of this is that we use Dr. Brown bottles, and there are 5 parts to these. How he managed to find all 5 pieces in the dishwasher and put them together is beyond me.

Momma caved.

Tomorrow is a new day...right???

4 comments:

Blessed Mama said...

Ha ha! He's smart AND charming. I have a feeling momma's gonna cave a lot. :)

Octantis said...

Awesome little man putting his bottle together.

My recommendation is to get rid of the bottles. Put them in the basement, in a box, and while he is asleep. Taking them away removes them from the playing field.

We had to dismantle Alyce's crib to get her into her big girl bed. There were a lot of tears but after 3 days she was cool with it.

Also, better to establish your dominance as a parent now when he is impressionable.

Stephanie said...

Ha that is hilarious!! You can do it Mimi!

Don and Dawn said...

You are so great!! Just now reading this, and know that he is so SMART! And you are a great mom. I love the write-up, too! Made me laugh! Love ya. Dawn