Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Happy Father's Day to the "Great Men" in my life!

I have been very blessed in life to be surrounded by "Great Men". My grandpa's where both the most loving men I have met in my life. My Grandpa D would never let us leave without kissing him goodbye, most of the time he wouldn't even talk to us unless we hugged him first. Grandpa V was the same way, he would smile as soon as we walked into the room. My dad is a mirror of his dad, he is kind, gentle and loves his kids, and adores his grandchildren. I can never remember a time that my dad has not been there when I needed him.

I have been very blessed to marry a man that has some of the same qualities, Josh is patient, strong and loving and I couldn't ask for a better husband or father for Gideon... Jim or should I say "Dandy" has outdone himself as a father and grandfather. He has gone out of his way to be involved in G's life even if he is 10 hours away.

If I had one wish for my little boy, I hope he inherits the following qualities from his grandpa's and his dad and I hope he becomes a "Great Man"

No comments: