Saturday, July 9, 2011

Playground

So it's 10PM and I'm exhausted. Tammy went to bed an hour ago. It's been a very long but excellent day, thanks to a great offer of a playground from a good friend, and the help of three other good friends. I woke up at 6AM with Sylvie, and then at 8:30 headed out to begin the day. I got the Trailblazer from Terry's house, drove back here, rented a trailer, and up we went to St. Peters, to get our playground. Mike C, Tim O, and Terry W all showed up to help take it apart, bring it here and put it back together. Tammy also brought Gideon along to supervise. After 3 hours we had it in several big pieces, loaded on the trailer and a truck, and tied down tightly. Meanwhile Tammy headed on home after grabbing us lunch, and got both kids in bed for naps.

We got the whole thing back together after another 2 and a half hours of working in the full sun, then I returned the trailer. When I got home Tammy woke Gideon up, and he and Sylvie came outside to play. He was very surprised to discover the playground was totally set up while he was napping, and we proceeded to have a neighborhood test drive of our new playground.












Then Tammy grilled up some dinner, and we sat outside eating and relaxing for a while before bath and bedtime. Now everyone is asleep but me, and exhausted though I am, I just wanted to say that when you kids read this in 10 years, I hope it is with fond memories of days playing on the playground we put together today.

Love, Daddy.

1 comment:

granny2five said...

You're a good and thoughtful daddy, Mr. Josh Dalton!