Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Shutterfly - My hobby

So I have to say that a lot of my friends are extremely talented. One of my best friends from Cali can sing like an angel and has started painting, I have to admit she is totally awesome at it. I have another friend that can sew anything, a friend that can crochet, another friend that makes gorgeous cakes, and the list goes on... I on the other hand am not artsy. I have tried - taken classes and so on. I was whining, I mean talking to J the other night about this and he said that my talent is Shutterfly. I started laughing and my reply was that it doesnt take talent to use Shutterfly, just determination to set aside the time. I have to admit I love all their products from their birth announcements http://www.shutterfly.com/cards-stationery/birth-announcements to how easy it is to upload pictures to http://www.shutterfly.com/upload-pictures/. I am excited this year to start working on our Christmas cards that will of course come from them. I counted and I have done over 50 photobooks. 34 are just of our family.

Tonight I was spending some time with G and I grabbed one of the books to have him look at it with me and his response was No- Mommy I want the train one. This being one of the books I did for him this summer of our trip to the Museum of Transportation. This melted my heart that he remembered that book.

I always considered it an addiction, not a hobby, but I think I have changed my mind. My favorite memory growing up was looking through all the photo albums my grandma had and I hope some day that my grandchildren will enjoy looking through these as much as I enjoyed making them.

3 comments:

granny2five said...

You will learn, in time, what a treasure you're setting aside for your little people with these books. Keep up the "artsy" work, girl!

Blessed Mama said...

You make GREAT photo books. Oh, and by the way, you have lots of other talents too. You're super fun, easy to talk to, passionate about life and the people in it, you have such a heart and concern for people, and I've never seen anyone that can find bargains better than you do. See? You don't have to sing or paint to be talented!!!

Stephanie said...

it is a GREAT talent/gift!!