Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Can we say sugar high!!

So today was the day that my doctor had scheduled my glucose test. I fasted all morning and so by the time I got there my stomach was already upset. The nurse took the form and asked why they had marked both the one hour test and the three hour test, I told her that with my last pregnancy that I didn’t pass the first time so they had me come back for the three hour one. She handed me the drink and told me that I had five minutes to drink it. Prior to drinking it, I asked her if she was going to draw blood first and she said no, go ahead and drink it she was just going to do the one hour test. I did what I was told and was sitting in the waiting room about 10 minutes and she came back and said that there was a problem. She had called my doctor and with me having gestational diabetes with G, that he wanted me to do the 3 hour test first, the one that she had to draw blood prior to drinking the orange drink from hell. She politely asked if I would reschedule…. So looks like I get to go in Monday again! Good Times.

Did I tell you how much I had dreaded this to begin with!!!

No comments: