Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Boycotting Christmas

My biggest complaints with the holidays is that people don't appreciate the current one, Thanksgiving is not even here and tons of people are getting ready for Christmas. I wonder if we are the only culture that does this, always jumping ahead. I told Josh that our Christmas tree or decorations will not be up until after Thanksgiving. The mums (even though half dead) will be proudly placed on our front porch till at least Nov. 25th. It's one thing to shop early but another thing to decorate early. The Thanksgiving Holiday should be called " the mistreated holiday".

So in honor of Thanksgiving -

I feel this year has been the best and saddest year of my life. I married my best friend in the world, He is a person that truly brings the best out of me. I am so excited to be having a baby and starting "our" family.

We lost a person very dear to us and as sad as it was in losing Josh's mom, I am so thankful that I was allowed to spend numerous days and nights with her. She was a person that was very special to me. I am also thankful for a great family both mine and the "in laws".

So…...

For Those of you that celebrate the upcoming holiday, Happy Thanksgiving, from our home to yours, and for those that do not, please enjoy the day off!

May your stuffing be tasty, may your turkey be plump, may your potatoes and gravy have nary a lump, may your yams be delicious, may your pies take the prize, may your Thanksgiving dinner stay off of your thighs!

Gobble till you wobble….and above all, give thanks

No comments: